A broken poet

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The gift

I want to reach out and touch you
For longer than the hold you had me in
The shy embrace of a hug goodnight
And a farewell kiss on the side of my chin

I remember prior to goodbyes retire
Enjoying the company I was in
Sharing much of likeness of current situations
With cold creeping, and our jackets wearing thin
Sharing of conversations, in what would have been
Quite a lonely Tuesday evening
Taking not a stroll for granted
Only the minutes ticking on
For warming my heart
With the fading of the sun

But so much of any prior failures
I will not take relations to a different stage
To be an actor, my new friend of those I've lost
Looking past all factors and my questionable age
But I feel presentable
A gain of no special occasion
To have been in good company
With mine and your secret situation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home