A broken poet

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This is the Life

"Been a crazy two weeks. Feels like I'm manic between
regrets, and merely just being content with living.
But in rare moments, every now and then,
Im ever so thankful for being alive.
Its always the small things." - brokenpoet


Hair combed, walking tall, but feel oh so defeated
Smile, uncomfortable stares with the girls on the train
For awhile, a refrain for the barely breathing
Penning songs and poems, each sadder than the one before
For a glance, Im taking in, the mountains and these shores
When I realise, this is it, this is life, this is now, and memories
Im not a modern day Jesus, born to carry the burden
Ive got nothing to lose, but my thoughts of you
Unfortunately not a supernatural being, no different
Nothing to set me apart, nothing but the square of my heart

If I have given up, then why does life keep moving
Wheres the control panel, with speed buttons
and volume knobs and equalisers and photoshop brushes
If just from my overanalysis of myself, salf from the silence
Without the voice that luls me to sleep with my regrets
If only to wake with careful optimism, breathing in the day
Seeing in the people, the places, stretching out, not
knowing what you will find, is the life


* 27^35105 * 27^35106 * 27^35107 * 27^35108 *


Waiting outside houses at 3am, giggling, crazy getty
Chief off the first hit, combat naps in airplanes and backseats
Attention spam, and too much San Andreas

Nuking the fridge of life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home