A broken poet

Monday, June 02, 2008

Antistrophe of a broken friendship

Maybe love was real… but it faded, not that it wanted to do, but that the one you fall in love with change into someone you never expected. Someone you simply can never love!! - You

In the end, I was the poor heart broken sod to blame
My own fault, exaggerated by your sense of correctness
When we both, unchangeably chose to be right, even though,
You and I, were so dead wrong, but chose to digress
down the road of personal insults and hurtfulness, in my own
vein attempt to try, and win you back

Realizations, trying to justify, the uncertain reasoning,
my own explanations, why I couldn't call, or see
you more than once a week, from past experiences
of oh-so-dysfunctional relationships and torture sessions
Or why you could never say goodbye,
in a face to face encounter, over coffee or casually
while breaking my heart, with your
written letters, which, you wouldn't never deliver
in self-imposed aggravations, self-torture,
in which I would read them over and over again.

How I hate myself, for phoning you without signs of relenting,
wishing somehow, you would just allow me,
the slightest of chances to try and patch up the friendship,
The 0.5 % chance that you would answer, even though
we promised last time, there will not be another recourse

Please understand, the insensitivity, of leaving me
with a letter, no, face-to-face goodbye,
after my last tormentor escaped
closure, by leaving me with a note
before ending it all, slit wrists, and left me
facing with the undeniable realization,
that I cant do anything about it:

I cant bring her, or you back

Unfortunately now, there is no way to
reconcile, no way to soak up the blood
stained tiles, where my heart was last left
on a pile of an in forgivable mess
Try and scurry over the floor, on
my blood stained knees, horrific
site, of a desperate poet, trying
to clean up this mess

I hate it, that we both, couldn't let it die,
left me with the epitome of hurt and lone,
when, it all, could have been, settled
with a face-to-face goodbye

I am the original Emo
And I hate myself for it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home